Software Engineer, Team Leader, Project Manager
Linux & Embedded Software, Virtualisation, Modelling & Simulation, VoIP, Comms & Networking
I am an experienced Software Engineer and Project Manager with more than 20 years experience in Embedded Systems, 15 years with Linux and 10 with virtualisation, modelling and simulation. I have managed teams of up to 12 engineers on both software and combined software & hardware projects.
I also have seven years experience as Systems Administrator (concurrent with a software engineer/project manager position) for a start-up with up to 40 staff.
- Linux, Embedded Systems, Real-time Software
- Virtualisation, Modelling and Simulation
- Leadership and Mentoring
- Software and hardware projects
- Planning, design, development, production, testing, installation, commissioning, support and maintenance
- Voice over IP, Asterisk
- TCP/IP, VPNs, Firewalling and Network Security
- Email, Web servers, DNS, DHCP, etc
Various documentation that I've written is available here. This includes:
- Using dynamic dns with bind9 and dhcp3
- How to configure an SPA-3000 for Internode's Nodephone service
- Uprading SPA-3000 firmware without using Sipura's Windows-only upgrade software
- Configuring an IP04 and Asterisk for use with Nodephone and for Australian conditions (a work in progress and will be updated as I continue to make configuration changes)
- Converting a single drive without LVM to LVM+RAID1. Includes details of how to install GRUB on both drives.
- Installing Samsung printer drivers in Linux without using Samsung's broken installer.
My digital photos are here. I've had a film camera since 1983 but only had a digital camera since Christmas 2001. There are a handful of scanned negatives buried among them, but most photos here are digital. Someday, I'll start scanning some of the better negatives, starting with those I took in Canada and Alaska.